[Click] Sharing of Global variables

Pradeep Pradeep pradeep_addada at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 11 23:15:46 EST 2009

Hi,
    I am using sharing of variables between different elements. Explaining it I have declared an a variable in .cc file of an element A(as global), and re-declared it as extern variable in .hh files of other elements(B and C). I had no problems when I have just one object of these elements in my file.If I have multiple objects of theelements A,B,C and D how will the elements B and C  know which variable to consider(I mean the glogal variable can be that declared in any one of  multiple instances of that elementA.)

Example:

FromDevice(eth1)
->a1::A
->b1::B
->c1::C

FromDevice(eth2)
->a2::A
->b2::B
->c2::C

  b1 and c1 should use the variable declared in a1 and  b2 and c2 should use the variable declared in a2. Is that possible? It might be a C++ question.

Regards,
Krishna.