[Click] Configure click as kernel module

Tom Gibson tom.gibson at ipvidnet.com
Wed Feb 11 15:10:33 EST 2009

I did the patch fine.  I'm thinking my Kernel preemption is setup okay,
but I'm not totally sure.  Here are the config settings:

CONFIG_PREEMPT_NOTIFIERS=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y
# CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y

I need to do some more testing.  I haven't messed with any CLICK
configuration stuff manually yet.  I only did automatic config
generation using the script that comes with XORP.  It works fine in
application mode CLICK but not in Kernel.

For Kernel CLICK, I tried to load without XORP using the supplied
install script with an auto generated config from my xorp/config.boot.
It loaded fine, but I'm assuming not much processing is happening
because normally XORP has to add routes and everything.  I'll keep
playing around with it and see what I find.  I'm also going to try the
CVS build of XORP rather than the last official release.

-Tom