[Click] Traffic Shaping in Click

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 9 13:51:38 EST 2009

Let me see if I get this straight:

Input 150 Mbps -> Queue -> Output 40 Mbps

There is no way to avoid packet loss here as the queue will eventually
overflow.  40/150 = 0.2666 meaning that .733333 of traffic will get
lost.  That is similar to the 80% number that your observed.  Large
queue can only help you to deal with a burst, but it will eventually
will overflow during a long enough burst.

Roman