[Click] Traffic Shaping in Click

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 6 19:21:57 EST 2009

fd0::FromDevice (eth0, PROMISC true)
    -> SetTimestamp
    -> Queue (10000)
    -> BandwidthShaper (5242880B/s)
    -> ctr0 :: AverageCounter
    -> td0::ToDevice (eth1);

fd1::FromDevice (eth1, PROMISC true)
    -> SetTimestamp
    -> Queue (10000)
    -> BandwidthShaper (5242880B/s)
    -> ctr1 :: AverageCounter
    -> td1::ToDevice (eth1);

StaticThreadSched(fd0 0, td0 0,
                   fd1 1, td1 1);

I would change the config to be like this and run
click-install -t 2 --cpu=0 <config.name>  This will allocate two CPU
threads and assign the elements to the threads.

Obviously, you need to resolve your issue with the polling device so
that you can use PollDevice.  Also, it is good to look at the counter
rates to see if you are getting the desired throughput.

Roman