[Click] BandwidthShaper element not functioning as it should be

Peter Dedecker Peter.Dedecker at intec.UGent.be
Tue Dec 29 06:27:06 EST 2009

Peter Dedecker wrote:
> When I check on Mozart all incoming and outgoing packets with tcpdump,
> the packets arriving from Kodaly correctly are correct: 3062 packets at
> +/- 4.5 Mbps constantly.  However, a tcpdump on the outgoing interface
> tells me 1872 packets are sent out:
> - from 0 to 0.6 s at +/- 4.5 Mbps
> - from 0.6 s to 3.3 s at +/- 2 Mbps

FWIW: the same occurs when I use an altered click configuration which
sends all outgoing traffic to a dumpfile instead of a ToDevice and I
manually insert an entry in the ARP-table of the sending host.

KR,

Peter

--
ir. Peter Dedecker