[Click] NAT Latency Measurement

Cliff Frey cliff at meraki.com
Thu Dec 17 17:38:37 EST 2009

Do you really care about latency?  Or just overall performance (which is
limited by the sum of the per-element latency)?  Are these measurements when
_new_ mappings are being created or using existing mappings?

Are these packets unique already?  or is expensive_uniquify being called?

You can try and get a profile using oprofile (which should work even on
click in the kernel I believe) or using userlevel click + google-perftools.
If you want more detail about what is slowing things down.

Cliff