[Click] Question about socket

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Wed Dec 16 11:24:41 EST 2009

Hi,

I have some questions about the Socket element.

Let's say that I want to implement a persistent TCP connection between
a click process and another application. The click configurations should be
something like this:

s::Socket (TCP, 0.0.0.0, 9999)->... My elements -> s;

So i can process the packet coming from the client and send an answer.

However it is not clear to me if the socket is kept open so if in "my
elements"
there is an element that periodically generates a packet, this packet is
sent
over the previously open socket.

R.