[Click] Madwifi monitor mode performance

Yongheng Qi jetever at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 00:06:45 EST 2009

Dear Javier

>From your rate value, You used 11g? now, I develop on 11n.

I am not test the 11g monitor throughput.

but in theory, monitor will the same throughput as ap-sta mode.

if not, maybe serverl reasons:

first, monitor mode will receive all same channel packets and give to click
FromHost.

maybe it's a bottleneck at the channel is very busy. ap-sta mode droped the
packet not itself at driver.

second, maybe your ap-sta mode use super-G mode. I don't analyse the super-G
frame.

but it should like 11n aggr. blockack will improve thoughput.

you can use omnipeek catch the frame ap-sta mode and monitor mode at
testing.

should comprehend thay frame difference. and optimize it.

I am very glad communicate with you, Thanks.

--
Yongheng Qi

Mobile: +86 1390 119 7481