[Click] Building a packet reflector in click

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Wed Aug 26 07:28:54 EDT 2009

Hi David,

On 25 Aug 2009, at 21:57, david johnson wrote:

> I presented a course on click today - used a lot of material from
> University of Antwerp - thanks Bart and Michael. I thought up some
> tutorials for them to practice their concepts and I thought building a
> packet reflector would be easy - until I tried to solve it

<snip>

> I'm trying to think out a set of click exercises that get
> progressively
> harder for the students to  do. Firstly without writing their own
> elements and then with including writing their own elements - any
> ideas
> will be most welcome. This would probably be a nice addition to the
> documentation - exercises like these and their solutions.

I am glad you like our course material. Would you be willing to share
yours? We are always looking for improvements.

We have a set of exercises available, did you find them usable?
Would you be willing to share your exercises as well?

We currently do not share the solutions to our exercises, for two
reasons. We find them quite easy to solve, most probably because we
teach those exercises each year. But we also want to avoid that
students take the easy way and just look at the solutions. From an
educational point of view, that's something we certainly want to
avoid. If they try the exercises themselves, they have a good
preparation for the project they will do. (We fully realize that the
exercise solutions can be passed on from students from earlier years,
but that's almost unavoidable.)

With regards,
Bart
--