[Click] Accessing element handlers from within a click script

david johnson david.lloyd.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 08:15:40 EDT 2009

Hi

I've got the following example code in which I'm continuously scanning
for beacons and storing the results in bs.scan. I then want to send the
results of the scan to other nodes in the network when I get a certain
request message.

To do this I need to access the BeaconScanner handler "scan". I'm new to
click and maybe I'm breaking some fundamental rule in a click config
script but is it possible to pass an element handler as a parameter to
another element.

I need to do it at this point in the code:
25   -> send_scan_results(### pass bs.scan handler to element ###)

Thanks
David

  1 control :: ControlSocket("TCP", 7777);
  2
  3 rates :: AvailableRates(DEFAULT 2 4 11 22);
  4
  5 FromDevice(ath0, PROMISC true)
  6   -> RadiotapDecap()
  7   -> c1 :: Counter
  8   -> wifi_cl :: Classifier(0/00%0c, /mgt
  9       0/08%0c, /data);
 10
 11 wifi_cl [0] -> Classifier(0/80%f0)
 12     -> c2 :: Counter
 13     -> bs :: BeaconScanner()
 14     -> Discard;
 15
 16 wifi_cl [1]
 17   -> WifiDecap()
 18   -> cognitive :: -> Classifier(//some String 1,
 19       // Some String 2,
 20       // Some String 3,
 21       );
 22
 23 // Respond to Get beacons stored in node
 24 cognitive [0]
 25   -> send_scan_results(### pass bs.scan handler to element ###)
 26   -> q;
 27
 28
 29 q :: Queue(10)
 30 -> wep_encap :: WepEncap(ACTIVE false)
 31 -> set_rate :: SetTXRate(2)
 32 -> rate :: ProbeTXRate(OFFSET 4,
 33            THRESHOLD 0,
 34            WINDOW 10000,