[Click] e1000e

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 22 16:50:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am attaching an updated e1000e patch that Joonwoo released.  This
patch should be applied with "patch -p1 < patch" in the main directory
of the e1000e-0.4.1.7 directory.  I have tried this patch on our lab
machine and everything works perfectly.  I would suggest removing the
old e1000 driver if the machine does not have any PCI-X Intel cards.
Otherwise, the e1000 will get loaded instead of the e1000e at boot.
This problem can also be solved by upgrading to e1000 version 8 or
higher as then e1000 will only support PCI and PCI-X devices.  In this
case, e1000 and e1000e can be used on the same machine if it has PCI-X,
PCI, and PCI-E Intel cards.

Thanks again Joonwoo!

Roman