[Click] click include feature

Falk Schaefer kingsnoopy at gmx.net
Tue Apr 14 07:38:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am wondering about the possibility to use the "#include" syntax.
I have source from a previous project based on click 1.5 and I want to display the .click file in clicky. How can I use the gcc preprocessor?

Regards,
Falk

Hi,

On 18 Mar 2009, at 19:52, Christian Kreibich wrote:

> I was wondering whether there is some sort of include feature provided
> in the configuration language that lets one include config files into
> other config files. For packages, there's require(), but I could not
> locate such a feature for config files. The resulting redundancy in my
> configurations is one of my biggest grievances about Click. Thanks for
> any pointers...

This is almost a FAQ on this mailinglist, but still it is an open
question...

One thing you can already do is use compound elements to prevent
redundancy, this works very well and gives you good results.
Another thing you can do is include other files with a C-style
#include and use the gcc preprocessor, this also works quite well.
Support for including other files in the language itself is currently
not available. Probably the most logical path to do this is
implementing an include phase before all parsing of the configure
file. I guess no one here would object to a patch to do this :-)

Regards,
Bart Braem
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a