[Click] Linux Kernel Patches

Sascha Alexander Jopen jopen at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Sun Apr 12 17:55:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

i used click as userlevel for a few weeks now. Now i would like to test
click as a linux kernel module, primarily on an arm openwrt box, but on
some other target architectures as well. Of course, nearly every system
is running on a different kernel, mostly not running vanilla kernels.

As i currently understand it, the click linux kernel patches contain
some modifications in the networking stack and, the majority of
modifications, to support c++ compiling of the linux sources.

I searched the sources for patch files, containing the base patches,
required for click operation, in one file, and another one containing
the c++ compatibility patches, with no success. I think this would
simplify the adoption of the patches to other kernel versions, but maybe
i missed some files. I found a script make-linux-patch in ./etc/, but
this script references files within the click source directory which do
not exist. I could not find them in other directories.

Maybe someone could help me with this.

Regards,
Sascha Jopen