[Click] How to build a click kernel with linux version 2.6.24 ?

dong yin yindong1982 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:17:56 EDT 2009

Hi all.

I checked the openVZ.org that the latest version for rebuild a kernel in
linux is 2.6.24 and the patch file is not for 2.6.24.y. It means I can not
build a openvz kernel in linux with version 2.6.24.7. However, for my
experiments,I have to use click modular in kernel mode with version 2.6.24.7
that is the only version it has in 2.6.24.y without 2.6.24. I tried to
firstly rebuild a openvz kernel with linux version 2.6.24 and then modified
the files mentioned in Click patch file and compiled the kernel.
Unfortunately, I can not use Click in the new kernel. As a result, I wonder
whether there is a good way to solve this problem. If there is, please let
me know it.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Dong