[Click] problems including a new element in click

sendoa vaz sendoav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:48:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to include a new element called VlanEncap and I don't know if I'm
doing it correctly. I have included  both the .cc and .hh files in the
directory /..click-1.60/elements/local and then I have done make elemlist
and make-install, and in this one I receive the following error:

elements.cc: In function 'Element* beetlemonkey(uintptr_t)':
elements.cc:259: error: expected type-specifier before 'VlanEncap'
elements.cc:259: error: cannot convert from 'int*' to 'Element*' in return
elements.cc:259: error: expected ';' before 'VlanEncap'
elements.cc:259: error: 'VlanEncap' not declared...
make[1]: *** [elements.o] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio
`/home/sendoa/SENDOA_PFC/descargas/click-1.6.0/userlevel'

The thing is that my element appears in the elements.cc file and in the
elements.conf file.... The code of the VlanEncap element is similar the code
of the etherencap element.

Thanks in advance

Sendoa