[Click] linking with openssl

Mustafa Arslan arslanmustafa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:29:33 EST 2008

Hey all,

I am trying to modify the LinkStat element ( under elements/grid ) to use
signatures for the probe
packets. The element compiles without an error. I am having the required
external library line at the
end of the code like this (just like in the FAQ):

EXPORT_ELEMENT(LinkStat)
CLICK_ENDDECLS
ELEMENT_LIBS(-lssl)

However, when I try to run my configuration which uses the LinkStat element,
I get the following error:

/click/userlevel/click: error while loading shared libraries:
libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The libssl.so.0.9.8 file is under /usr/lib but for some reason userlevel
Click cannot find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mustafa