[Click] write handler synchronization

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 13 12:09:50 EST 2008

Hi Roman,

Normally run_task will NOT execute in parallel with a write handler.  Write
handlers are by default "exclusive," meaning that all threads are paused
before the write handler executes.

Note that this ONLY applies to write handlers accessed via the Click file
system.  Write handlers called by, for example, Script elements are not
subject to the same constraints.  (Maybe this should be changed?...)

Eddie