[Click] Click tasks scheduling time

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Nov 10 02:19:19 EST 2008

Hi Lorenzo,

I'm going through older mail.

You might be seeing Click go to sleep when it has nothing to do.  The Click
thread is not scheduled at all in such a case.  Instead Linux wakes up Click
when there is something to do, and Click takes it from there.  The wake-up can
be a slow process.  If you want Click to be active constantly, try scheduling
something like "Idle->SimpleQueue->Discard", which will make Click take 100%
of the available CPU; or something like "Script(wait 1us, loop)", which will
wake up Click every 1us or so.

Eddie