[Click] Task update: SMP test?

Joonwoo Park joonwpark81 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 22:13:04 EDT 2008

2008/5/22 Eddie Kohler <kohler at cs.ucla.edu>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just checked in some changes to Click's Task layer that should
> improve robustness in limited cases -- more Task functions may be called
> from interrupt context than previously.  I would appreciate that SMP Click
> users test the current Git sources, in case I've broken anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Eddie

Hi Eddie,
I've tested it. But I think there is a ploblem on recent code.
I tested it with some config for stress test, and I had worked pretty
well for multi-threaded script.
But when I make tasks to switching their home_thread, it occured panic.
I tested it on my laptop which is running 2.6.19.2 x86_64.

I hope that I remember my config correctly:
in0::InfiniteSource -> Queue
-> EtherEncap(0x0800, FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF, FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF)
-> td0::ToDevice(eth0)
fd0::FromDevice(eth1) -> Queue -> td1::ToDevice(eth1)
// BalancedThreadSched(INTERVAL 1)  // makes panic
// StaticThreadSched(in0 0, td0 1, fd0 0, td11) // works fine

p.s I screwed up my laptop while digging this problem by spilling a
ton of water on it. Moreover since I am in Vancouver Canada now, it
was my only computer.
I'll try to debug it again, when my laptop is repaired.
I'm sorry for insufficient information.

Thanks,
Joonwoo