[Click] Counters or other instrumentation

Manuel Requena manuel.requena at cttc.es
Thu May 8 10:25:24 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm also interested in this kind of counters so I define:

#define CLICK_STATS 1

in include/click/element.hh

but I get the following compilation errors:

  CXX ../lib/element.cc
../lib/element.cc: In function 'String read_icounts_handler(Element*, void*)':
../lib/element.cc:1885: error: 'const class Element::Port' has no member named 'allowed'
../lib/element.cc: In function 'String read_ocounts_handler(Element*, void*)':
../lib/element.cc:1897: error: 'const class Element::Port' has no member named 'allowed'

This happens in click-1.6.0 and latest cvs repository.

Maybe allowed() call should be changed by active()? Port class defines active() method and it seems
appropiate according to its comments. I try and it seems to work. I have icounts and ocounts
handlers.

Manuel