[Click] Click tasks scheduling time

Lorenzo Bianconi lorenzo.bianconi83 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:18:39 EDT 2008

Hi all

I am using Click in kernel module to implement a system where a given node
manages the transmission of N other nodes. In particular, the master node
has not to transmit its own traffic, but it has only to transmit a control
packet to grant the access to the medium to the slave nodes. In this kind of
configuration (where the master is not heavily loaded) I obtain that the
time between the master receiption and the subsequent transmission of the
control packet is quite big, in the order of 200-300 ms. On the contrary, if
also the master node actively generates traffic (in the order of 10 Kb/s)
this commutation time is reduced to 10-20 ms. My idea is that Click, when
the node is not heavely loaded, schedule the tasks not so fast as when it
has to manage more traffic.
Do you think I am right or somethig is not correct?
Have you got any idea to address this issue?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Lorenzo