[Click] Problem with KernelTap : size of packet readed from TAP

remi.clavier at orange-ftgroup.com remi.clavier at orange-ftgroup.com
Wed Jul 16 08:10:22 EDT 2008

Thanks to Michael Voorhaen [michael.voorhaen at ua.ac.be], the link between
two TCP applications using click works. But, in my case, only for frames
with a lesser size than MTU.
If frame size is equal at MTU (case of fragmented frame), 14 bytes are
missing at the end of it.
A deeper analyze of the code thows that the number of read bytes is
equal to _mtu_in (=MTU+2) and the variable _type is 0.
The size of the information to read is MTU+16... (
MTU+2bytes+EthernetHeader) At is easy to show if we increase the 3th
param value of the read (_fd,...) function.

Perhaps it's a problem of compilation constant, or a bad behaviour of
tap on my LINUX implementation (ubuntu 8.04).

It's this a know issue and, if yes, it's a patch or a workaround about?

Thanks for all help

Regards

Remi