[Click] Click + madwifi kernel panic

Alessandro Erta alessandro.erta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:27:52 EST 2008

Hi,

I am using the latest versions of click (in kernel mode) and madwifi
trunk driver. The madwifi driver causes a kernel  (over) panic when the
function skb_copy is called within the input_monitor function
(ieee80211_monitor.c). This happens as soon as an expensive_put is
called in the ToDevice element. I noticed that the madwifi driver has
recently included a custom management of skbs by means of two API files:
ieee80211_skb.{h,c}. I have the feeling that click skbs management is
now incompatible with that of madwifi. The driver works perfectly
without click, it never crashes. Additionally, I removed the
skb_copy_expand call in ToDevice and just returned -1. This prevents the
kernel from panic. Clearly, in this way, click no longer works properly.
Has anyone experienced such a problem? Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Alessandro