[Click] Feedback from madwifi in Click

Peter De Cleyn peter.decleyn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:57:03 EST 2008

Hi David,
I know I can find it in these headers, actually  all I need for now is to
know if a packet was successfully transmitted (using the FilterFailures
etc). I have running Click scripts for this, but I used to use them in
combination with the older madwifi drivers, so I had to set up a ath0raw
interface at that time.

Now in the current driver, this functionality should be available through
the monitor VAP, but I do not receive any packets back from the the system.
I hope I make myself clear. Normally this is what happens:
a packet to be transmitted via the wireless interface is encapsulated
(Prism2Encap/radiotapencap/..) and delivered to the ToDevice element.
Lateron, the same packet will be received back from the FromDevice element,
with the Prism2/ratiota.... headers filled with the transmission
information. It this last packet I miss. I don't receive any feedback
packets.

If you have a setup running which does gets these feedback packets, could
you describe me what you did to get it running? I'm using a CVS click, an
unpatched 2.6.22 kernel, madwifi 0.9.3.1.99-2.