[Click] IPRouteTable

Jing Fu jing at kth.se
Mon Feb 18 11:49:11 EST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to implement a click element for IP-address lookup. My element is a subclass of the Click class IPRouteTable. My element works fine in userspace. However, I meet some problems in Linux kernelmodule.

When I configure my element with a full routing table of 160000+ routing entries, it seems that only 9000+ entries are added to my element. In particular, I checked that add_route function is only called 9000+ times from the click. When I override the configure function, it seems that the the number of configuration strings sent to the configure(Vector<String> &conf, ErrorHandler *errh) function is only 9000+.

After that, I also tried using the RadixIPLookup element in Linux Kernel. It seems also that it can not accept the whole routing table.

The linux kernel I use is 2.6.19.2 and the processor is a Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz.

Thank you very much if anyone can help me with this.

Jing