[Click] Porting problem...

Nikola Knežević laladelausanne at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:21:52 EDT 2008

On 28 Aug 2008, at 22:46 , Eddie Kohler wrote:

> Very odd.  I wonder what this is (from your compile line):
>
> -I@
>
> That doesn't look right at all.  (It looks like freebsd_includedir
> is not being expanded?)  I'm also quite surprised that -
> DHAVE_INT64_IS_LONG is in there.

Hi Eddie,
thanks for the response.
-I@ is added by me (since I tweaked Makefile a bit). This way, I don't
worry about the location of sources, and I have .include <bsd.kmod.mk>
in my Makefile... So, this part helps w.r.t. system headers.
I had to put -DHAVE_INT64_IS_LONG, since I'm compiling this on amd64
platform, and g++ is complaining about not being able to find correct
methods (something related to overloading, but I forgot what...).

> In general, I wouldn't be surprised if the bsdmodule Makefile has
> rotted. Perhaps you should use -E with that compile line, or "cd
> bsdmodule; make arpfaker.ii", to make sure that all #includes are
> being #included.

I've used -E and everything is included. That's why I posted my mail
to the list, because this puzzles me quite a lot... I'll continue
checking, maybe I find what is the culprit...

Has anyone managed to get click working on FreeBSD 7? (even 6 would be
fine).

Cheers,
Nikola