[Click] Accessing atheros descriptor header in transmitted packets

JULIAN DAVID MORILLA POZO jdmp at tid.es
Mon Aug 25 07:16:06 EDT 2008

Hello,

Is it posible to access the atheros descriptor header of transmitted packets? As far as I know, to access this descriptor, the interface must be put in Monitor mode, so I work with two interfaces: the one transmitting and receiving packets in managed mode and another one in monitor mode. For the received packets, it works ok, but I'm not able to see the packet transmitted through the managed interface in the monitor interface. I append my configuration, where ath2 is the interface in monitor mode. When I generate traffic through the interface in managed mode I don't see anything, so I guess FromDevice(ath2) is not getting the transmitted packets through the interface in managed mode. Is that true? What can I do?

FromDevice(ath2) -> ft::FilterTX();
ft[0] -> Discard();
ft[1] -> Print() -> AthdescDecap() -> PrintWifi() -> Discard();