[Click] igb-1.2.44.3 polling driver

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 20 19:31:59 EDT 2008

Hello,
    I have changed the igb driver, required for the 82575GB Intel Pro
card, to support Click polling.  I have PC A with a single quad-port
PCI-E card (igb driver) connected to PC B with a dual port PCI-E using
the (e1000.7.x driver).  PC A acts as a bridge and PC B generates UDP
traffic on one interface and receives it on the other interface.  PC A
was able to bridge just over 1~Mpps w/o packet loss.

    Also, this driver can be used as a reference to make a e1000e port,
as most of the code is the same.

Roman Chertov
Santa Barbara Labs, LLC