[Click] Click on 2.6.24

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:54:17 EDT 2008

Hello,
    I finally tried out SMP 2.6.24 Linux kernel and Click (revision #
1fcfd45c59178fbbf34be25b632164818c16a3d0).  Many thanks to Joonwoo Park
for making this possible.  He will post his updated one shot patches to
the list.  Click appeared to work fine on the 2.6.24, and I was able to
forward 1~Mpps using a simple bridge setup for two threads.  I have used
my igb driver port, which I posted to the list, but it is waiting
moderator approval.
    I think more people should try 2.6.24, so that we can finally
migrate Click to a newer kernel to benefit from better hardware support.

Roman