[Click] Click and e1000e

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 18 18:25:45 EDT 2008

Hello,
    I am not sure how many people follow e1000, list but they have made
a split between e1000 to e1000 and e1000e.  There is also an igb driver
which is pretty similar to e1000e code.  We got 6 quad-port Intel which
require the use of the igb driver.  I am currently trying to port the
igb driver to Click, and I am facing a few issues.  The main issue is
when the machine crashes, it has a tendency to damage the file system,
so that even fsck cannot fix all the issues.  I am curious if anybody
had issues with crashes causing fs corruption and how the minimized the
effects.

Roman