[Click] PollDevice performance

Mihai Dobrescu mihai.dobrescu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:21:22 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am newbie to click. I try to make some simple tests with click using
polling facility. The experiment is like this: I generate 100pps from
one machine and I try to get them on another.

The problem is that when I use PollDevice (use the E1000-7.x driver
provided by click) I get worse results then when I use FromDevice: I
get 2000 packets in 20 seconds using FromDevice and 1773 packets in 20
seconds using PollDevice

The configuration file is the following:

PollDevice(eth1, PROMISC true) -> c::Counter() -> ToHost();
Idle -> ToDevice(eth1);
DriverManager(wait 20s, read c.count)

Is there something wrong with my configuration file ? Do you know what
can be the problem at such a low rate ?

Thank you,
Mihai