[Click] Expoting variables from other elements

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 02:26:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

       Is there any way that an element in the click configuration can
> export variables/parameters of  other lements(in the configuration). If so,
> how can the FlowShaper element in the following configuration get the queue
> lengths of Queue elements OUT1 and OUT2? I am attaching the link to the
> paper in which authors (Eddie and Robert ) say that this export can be done.

There are a couple of ways to do this. Either via flow-based router context
or by passing the queue configuration names to your element in the
configuration. Have a look at Random Early Detection element at
[click]/elements/aqm/red.cc which does this.

Beyers