[Click] Problem with KernelTap [user mode]

remi.clavier at orange-ftgroup.com remi.clavier at orange-ftgroup.com
Tue Apr 8 04:29:03 EDT 2008

I use click to study and prototype "new Fashion" ethernet switches.

I'm very happy to be able to pre-implement fonction su  easely...
Now, I want to Interconnect two PCs using click.
I have a strange problem
when I use on each PC the script above (with X differnet for each PC)
mytap:: KernelTap(192.168.80.X/24, ETHER 99:99:99:99:20.X);

FromDevice(eth1,SNIFFER false, PROMISC true)->Queue->mytap;

mytap->Queue->ToDevice(eth1);

a ping form one PC to the other like ping 192.168.80.2 work well.The transfert of information using UDP work well too, o matter the used port number. But each time I want to open a TCP connexion (sss, http, telnet,...), it's fail.

A more deeper analyse show that the initial frame of the TCP protocol is well presented at the tap0 interface but the distant PC don't answer ACK frame at it own tap0 interface...

Other information: If I stop click and use a direct path between the eth1 interfaces of the PCs, no problem appears and ssh sessions may be correctly oppened.

It's something special needed to do that?

Where is my mistake... ( I'm not an IP guru...)

Thanks

Mr Rémi Clavier

Rémi Clavier
FT/RD/CORE/MCN/OPEN