[Click] ipreassembler problem

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 19 12:27:53 EDT 2007

IPReassembler requires the IP header annotation.

The easiest way to make sure that a FromDump element produces IP packets is
with the FORCE_IP argument.

FromDump(in.dmp, STOP true, FORCE_IP true) -> IPReassembler -> ToDump(out.dmp)

THis will work for many different types of pcap trace files, not just Ethernet
encapsulation.

Note that reassembled packets will have no MAC headers at all.  The dump will
get very confused if you mix no-MAC with MAC packets.  You probably want this.

FromDump(in.dmp, STOP true, FORCE_IP true)
    -> StripToNetworkHeader
    -> IPReassembler
    -> ToDump(out.dmp, ENCAP IP)

Eddie