[Click] OpenEmbedded and Click

Salva Gmail salvalid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:50:46 EDT 2007

OpenEmbedded (OE) is a cross compilation platform that allow users to target
a wide variety of devices (include all Zaurus models).
It use Bitbake, a tool like the portage of gentoo, to manage all the steps..
from the source to the final binary package.
Every program has one configuration file (bb file) that enumerate all the
steps for a successful compiling .
Click  doesn't  have his own  configuration file. Because of it I made by
hand a configuration file for compile Click with Bitbake.

---------------Begin--------------------------------------------- Click.bb
#package description
DESCRIPTION = "Click, modular router"
HOMEPAGE = "http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/"
SECTION = "networking/dev"
DEPENDS = "libpcap libc automake"

PN = "click"
PV = "1.5.0"

#for a tarball use:
SRC_URI = "http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/${PN}-${PV}.tar.gz"

#include standard rules to build a autoconf/automake package
inherit autotools

---------------End--------------------------------------------- Click.bb

I spent a week trying to port click to the PDA Zaurus SL-5500 (collie), with
a ARMv4 based processor, and always I get the same error:

 CXX ../lib/string.cc
In file included from ../lib/string.cc:21:
../include/click/string.hh:13: syntax error before `{'
../include/click/string.hh:22: warning: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`String' with no type
../include/click/string.hh:23: parse error before `&'
../include/click/string.hh:23: warning: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`String' with no type
../include/click/string.hh:24: warning: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`String' with no type
../include/click/string.hh:25: warning: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`String' with no type
../include/click/string.hh:26: warning: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`String' with no type
../include/click/string.hh:27: warning: ANSI C++ forbids declaration
`String' with no type
continue over 3 terminal pages full of errors...
I'm using the compiler: arm-linux-g++-2.95

Someone in this mail list has experience in cross compiling Click for armv4
platforms or in the OE platform??

Thanks in advance,

--
Salva.