[Click] Hashcode and nsclick

Nicolas Letor nicolas.letor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 03:34:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

I updated to the latest version of click and discovered the following build
error for nsclick.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/click2/userlevel'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/build/click2/ns'
  CXX ../lib/templatei.cc
../include/click/ipflowid.hh: In member function 'size_t
Click::IPFlowID::hashcode() const':
../include/click/ipflowid.hh:79: error: '::hashcode' has not been declared
../include/click/ipflowid.hh:80: error: '::hashcode' has not been declared
make[1]: *** [templatei.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/click2/ns'
make: *** [ns] Error 2

The compiler complains that it cannot find a hashcode function for an
IPAddress. So I fixed it by calling the hashcode directly as a method on the
IPAddress.
However I am not sure if this fix is right, as the code (without the fix)
compiles cleanly for the userlevel case. Is there something in the userlevel
environment that is missing in the nsclick environment, causing this build
failure?

Nico

--
Nicolas Letor