[Click] Profiling the performance of an element.

Archit Gupta archit at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 22 22:48:27 EDT 2007

Till now, I have tested the code in userlevel click. I am not aware of the
difficulty in running the code as a kernel module. Is there any difference
in the element code in userlevel or linux module? Or is it transparent from
a element writer point of view? I have not used any STL in the c++ code.

Related to performance, I am getting "g++: -pg and -fomit-frame-pointer are
incompatible" when I try to compile with
./configure CFLAGS=-pg CXXFLAGS=-pg CPPFLAGS=-pg

I tried "grepping" for the -fomit-frame-pointer in the distribution
directory but I couldn't find it :(
Is there a way to remove an offending flag while configuring?

Sorry for the deluge of the questions.
Thanks and regards,

Archit