[Click] Click measurements

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Mon May 21 02:08:05 EDT 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 18:00, Mirza Beg wrote:
> I am trying to look for some documentation on 'how to use click for
> measurements'. More specifically is there a document that describes how the
> forwarding rates were obtained that are reported in the paper(s) ? How can
> these experiments be reproduced for verification ?

Dear Mirza,

It depends. Click has all kinds of counter elements
(<http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements#counters>) so that is one
possibility. Another possible way to measure rates is running e.g. iperf over
a Click system, which will of course report rates. One can also look at the
tcpdump files resulting from ToDump elements and analyse them with Wireshark
for e.g. TCP performance.
These are only some possible approaches, I'm sure there are more.

Regards,
Bart
--
Bart Braem