[Click] What happened to the Roofnet documentation project?

Juncheol Park jcpark at cs.utah.edu
Tue May 15 00:00:22 EDT 2007

 Hi all,

 What happened to the Roofnet documentation project?
 Could somebody please tell me what's going on?
 I cannot find any further discussion after Jan 2007.

 Actually I'm struggling to run Roofnet in the Emulab wireless testbed
 (www.emulab.net).
 Although I've spent a lot of time, I haven't successfully installed
 Roofnet so far.
 As many of you know, the current wiki for installation is out of date.
 Here, I'm attaching a (presumably) correct list of instructions
 that I've figured out at least for successfully building Click for Roofnet.
 However, the roofnet-node generating script file (ie,
 gen_config_roofnet.sh under click/conf/wifi) still seems incomplete or buggy.
 Is there anyone that has similar experiences or fixes (definitely preferred)?

 Seems like nobody might not answer or not even be interested in
 Roofnet-related questions... Am I alone really?
 Or possibly everyone already knows answers?

 Thanks,

 Jun

# Roofnet download and install
# Assuming Click under /usr/src
cd /usr/src/click
cvs -z5 -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.pdos.lcs.mit.edu:/cvs co -d roofnet click/packages/roofnet
cd elements
rm -rf wifi/sr wifi/sr2
cd wifi
ln -s ../../roofnet/sr sr
ln -s ../../roofnet/sr2 sr2
cd /usr/src/click
# Only when you correctly patch the linux kernel provided by Click,
# use the option, --enable-linuxmodule.
./configure --enable-wifi --enable-linuxmodule
make all
make install