[Click] Click newbie question

Li, W David w.david.li at lmco.com
Mon Mar 12 11:12:26 EST 2007

Hi Eddie,

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Kohler [mailto:kohler at cs.ucla.edu]
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:05 PM
To: Li, W David
Cc: click at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Click] Click newbie question

David,

Li, W David wrote:

> 1. Is there a Click based wireless LAN router (802.11) implementation?

> am especially interested in the Mac code.

Yes, people run Click on things like Linksys boxes.  I'd root around in
the

code for more info, if no one else speaks up.

[Li, W David]  No one has responded so far. I 'd appreciate if you can
provide a reference.

> 2. Is it possible to run several Click instances in a single Linux
box?

At user level, yes.  In the kernel, you must combine the instances first
into

a single configuration, but that's not so hard.

[Li, W David] Yes. That's what I needed to run in user mode Linux. I
assume the process is in the Click documentation.

Eddie