[Click] ToDevice Patch

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 8 13:15:27 EST 2007

Hello,
	This is a patch for ToDevice.  ToDevice element schedules run_task, and
in the run_task it attempts to pull packets from upstream.  If the just
pulled packet cannot be queued up on the device's descriptor list, the
packet get dropped.  I think this is not a desirable behavior.  I
changed it so that the packet gets saved and then on next run_task,
another attempt is made to queue it onto the device instead of pulling
another packet from upstream.  This way, packet drops would occur only
at the queue element before ToDevice. (which I think is more correct
than dropping either inside the Queue or ToDevice).

Roman Chertov