[Click] nsclick + tracefile strangeness

David Bath david.bath at triaddo.com
Fri Mar 2 08:42:49 EST 2007

Hey Bart,

Using the simple lan script:

elementclass DumbRouter {
  $myaddr, $myaddr_ethernet |

  class :: Classifier(12/0806 20/0001,12/0806 20/0002, -);
  mypackets :: IPClassifier(dst host $myaddr,-);
  myarpquerier :: ARPQuerier($myaddr,$myaddr_ethernet);
  myarpresponder :: ARPResponder($myaddr $myaddr_ethernet);
  ethout :: Queue -> ToSimDevice(eth0);

  FromSimDevice(eth0,4096)
	-> Print(eth0,64)
	-> ToDump(in_eth0,PER_NODE 1)
	-> HostEtherFilter($myaddr_ethernet)
	-> class;

  // ARP queries from other nodes go to the ARP responder module
  class[0] -> myarpresponder;

  // ARP responses go to our query module
  class[1] -> [1]myarpquerier;

  // All other packets get checked to see if they're meant for us
  class[2]
	-> Strip(14)
	-> CheckIPHeader
	-> MarkIPHeader
	-> GetIPAddress(16)
	-> mypackets;

  // Packets for us go to "tap0" which sends them to the kernel
  mypackets[0]
	-> IPPrint(tokernel)
	-> ToDump(tokernel,2000,IP,PER_NODE 1)
	-> ToSimDevice(tap0,IP);

  // Packets for other folks or broadcast packets get discarded
  mypackets[1]
	-> Print(discard,64)
	-> ToDump(discard,2000,PER_NODE 1)
	-> Discard;

  // Packets sent out by the "kernel" get pushed into the ARP query module
  FromSimDevice(tap0,4096)
	-> CheckIPHeader
	-> IPPrint(fromkernel)
	-> ToDump(fromkernel,2000,IP,PER_NODE 1)
	-> GetIPAddress(16)
	-> myarpquerier;

  // Both the ARP query and response modules send data out to
  // the simulated network device, eth0.
  myarpquerier
	-> Print(fromarpquery,64)
	-> ToDump(out_arpquery,PER_NODE 1)