[Click] Changing Counter element to also measure bit rate

Samuel samufuentes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 06:45:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

thanks beyers! I had a look at your element and it looks promising,
especially because it can be easily understood and expandable.
Unfortunately it doesn't fit my purposes. I will check the rate every
200 ms or even in a shorter time and I think it would need a little
more complexity. I would like to build sometime more in the line of
the ewma.{cc, hh} although I tried to read the code and couldn't grasp
it entirely. I wonder if it continues working if I would call it from
the Counter element just doing
_rate.update(p->length());
It seems valid but it would be just "too easy" :), but as I said, I
couldn't figure if it would work or not just inspecting the code. Does
someone knows if it could (or won't) work this way? It seems just too
easy to me. I will try it, though.

Cheers,
Samu