[Click] nsclick wireless + wired?

Gmail nicolas.letor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:02:53 EDT 2007

Hello,

I suspect that the 802.3 MAC in ns2 (still) doesn't support promiscous mode.
You can add it with the following snippet code in mac/mac-802_3.cc on line
302:

<       /* --- tap out     --- */
<       if (tap_ ){
<
<               if (!tap_filterown_ || ((dst != index_) && (dst !=
BCAST_ADDR))) {
<                       tap_->tap(p);
<
<       }
<       /* --- tap out end --- */

This allows the mac to send any sniffed packet to the host sniffers or to
the click modular router.

Nico