[Click] Problem with IPsecDES

Marco Wenzel marco.wenzel at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Jun 11 14:19:58 EDT 2007

Hi Yannis,

the reason, why I prefer TLS over IPsec is, that my tutor said it maybe
will be the better way.
I have to implement a router, that sends ICMP advertisements (RFC 1256)
into a subnet of clients. This clients have to do a secure authorization
at the router, when they receive an advertisement. Furthermore they have
to send some so called "context data" over an encrypted way to my
router. The clients will be implemented by another person in a seperate
project, which doesn't use Click. I think it will be hard to do it with
IPSec, because it's much more complex than TLS.
Maybe you've got a better idea? I'll be open to every proposal.

Thanks and best regards,
Marco.

Ioannis C Avramopoulos (iavramop at Princeton.EDU) schrieb:
> Hi Marco,
>
> I am curious what might be the reason that you prefer TLS over IPsec.
>
> Yannis

Marco Wenzel
ICQ# 135863371
URL www.der-wenz.de

'disce quasi semper victurus, vive quasi cras moriturus' (otep shamaya)