[Click] Suggestion?

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 12:20:36 EDT 2007

JS,

What area of research is your university interested in, i.e. routing,
wireless, packet analysis etc? There are already a lot of basic elements
included in the distribution.

Some examples of simple elements (maybe not very useful but will give you an
idea on how to write new elements):

- Record total number of TCP connection requests (SYN packets)
- Improve the Counter element to report bandwidth utilization in addition to
pps (Or a pure bandwidth element)
- Record average packet size'
etc.

The beauty of Click is that it's really up to your imagination on what you
can do.

Beyers