[Click] Click-install "Invalid Module format" error

dmoore7@nd.edu dmoore7 at nd.edu
Fri Jul 20 11:41:38 EDT 2007

Hello,
I have a newly patched/compiled 2.6.16.13 vanilla linux kernel running happily,
and have recompiled click taking care to direct it to my System.map and with
appropriate files in /usr/src/linux.  It compiles properly, without errors.
However, when I attempt to execute a simple click-install:

# click-install ./conf/test.click
insmod: error inserting '/usr/local/lib/proclikefs.ko': -1 Invalid module
formatclick-install: '/sbin/insmod /usr/local/lib/proclikefs.ko' failed

I encounter the error shown above.  I looked into /var/log/messages file and
found the following message:
Jul 20 11:34:41 sybill kernel: proclikefs: disagrees about version of symbol
struct_module

I carefully retraced my steps from kernel-patch onward, but have not found any
errors in the output.  However click-install continues to fault as shown above.
Any help or input getting this working is appreciated.
Thanks,
 - David Moore