[Click] ANNOUNCE: git repository open, anonymous CVS change

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jul 17 16:33:41 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The Click repository has now shifted to "git", a distributed source control
system.

This mail focuses on the most basic git operations: fetching a repository and
fetching changes ("cvs co" and "cvs up").  Distributed source control also
offers many other advantages; it becomes easy for people to maintain their own
public Click repositories, to create branches, and to merge branches with
others.  I really hope people take advantage of this, and start sending links
to their own development repositories to the list.

The existing anonymous CVS repository will soon be taken down.  However, we
have put up a new anonymous CVS server, which provides direct access to our
most current sources.  That way people uncomfortable with Git, or unable to
use Git, can access Click using CVS.

TO FETCH A WORKING COPY OF CLICK
================================
% git clone git://read.cs.ucla.edu/git/click
% cd click

% git clone git://read.cs.ucla.edu/git/click-packages
% cd click-packages

TO UPDATE YOUR WORKING COPY WITH OUR LATEST CHANGES
% git pull

ANONYMOUS CVS ACCESS
% cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at read.cs.ucla.edu:22401/git/click co -d click master
% cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at read.cs.ucla.edu:22401/git/click-packages co -d