[Click] Solved Queue and CPU load 99%

Paolo Mailing paolo.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:34:36 EST 2007

Hi to all,
I had a problem in some complicated configuration where some Pull
elements like ToDevice, Discard did many calls to pull method.
I've read some documentation and test some configuration in click.
I've solved all my problem with the element NotifierQueue instead of
Queue in my configuration.
The problem is that some pull element have the upstream_empty_signal()
but the upstream element must be a NotifierQueue or an element that
give notify signal to his downstream element in the configuration.
That link can help :
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/click/doxygen/classNotifier.html
Bye
Paolo