[Click] Is there a good "dumb-moron" guide to kernel mode?

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Thu Jan 18 18:00:41 EST 2007

> Suggestions?

I just usually copy the working line from grub.conf or lilo.conf
depending on what is running and just paste it and make sure that I
change the numbers to the correct version.

sort of like this

title Linux 2.6.16.22-rchertov
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16.22-rchertov root=/dev/sda2 ro

title Linux 2.6.18.5
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.5 root=/dev/sda2 ro

also if you run "make modules_install install" all the right files will
be copied to the right places and all you need to do after that, is
modify grub.

Roman